Unlock your potential at ANU by improving your English and wellbeing.
What is the English and Wellbeing Enhancement Series?
The English and Wellbeing Enhancement Series (EWES) is a collection of free workshops uniquely designed to support international students living and studying in Australia.
Each workshop focuses on providing English language skills, practical advice and guidance related to moving to Australia and studying at ANU.
Who can participate?
All ANU undergraduate and postgraduate first-year international and domestic students from non-English speaking backgrounds (as defined by ANU) can join the series.
Why should I join?
We understand that the transition to university is challenging enough without also having to leave your home country.
These workshops will help you:
- feel more confident and comfortable living in Canberra and studying at ANU
- practice your English for academic success
- meet other new international students and share your experiences
- receive additional support for your exams if you attend 80% of the workshops (for eligibility – please check with your Academic College)
- improve your English through face-to-face feedback and conversations
- develop personal, social and academic confidence.
Click here for details of the workshops.
- small group settings for increased interaction
- opportunities to attend a range of workshops throughout the year including mid-semester, winter and summer breaks
- flexibility to accommodate your study load and schedule
- sessions run by qualified and experienced teachers
- lunchtime sessions to practice your English in a fun and interactive atmosphere.