In preparation for your studies in Australia you will need to check these details prior to your departure:
- Passport & Visa – Your passport must valid for 6 months from the day you arrive in Australia and you must have all of your up-to-date visa documentation.
- Student Documents – Your student information pack and electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) from ANU College
- Health Cover & Insurance – Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is a requirement for entry in to Australia though you should also consider travel insurance for things not covered by the OSHC.
- Packing and Airport Customs – Ensure you are aware of what items you cannot bring into Australia and make sure you do not pack them in either your hand-held or your check-in luggage. For added safety ensure you have packed your own bags and that they are kept with you at all times.
- Airport Transfer – Regardless of whether you arrange to be picked up from the airport or use public transport make sure that you have all of the information about your accommodation prepared.
ANU College can arrange for a student to be met upon arrival in Canberra, whether by train, bus or plane and taken to their pre-arranged accommodation. There is a fee of $105.00 for this service and payment is required in advance.
For bookings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For tips and information on where to stay take a look at our student accommodation in Canberra section. This includes information on types of accommodation, costs and the best areas to look in, as well as safety and legal information about your rights. Accommodation can range from $70-$400 per week depending on the type, ranging from shared housing to rental properties.
ANU College wants to ensure that you not only learn a lot and have a fun time studying in Australia but that you stay safe. For more information take a look at our information on Student wellfare services.