ANU Access English
The aim of this course, which has a 99% success rate, is to help students advance their proficiency in using English in academic settings and to develop the study skills needed for university studies.
The 10-week course is offered twice a year, students have the opportunity to improve their English irrespective of when they commence undergraduate or graduate classes at the university.
Topics and situations covered, apart from valuable academic English reading, researching and writing skills, include:
- How to effectively prepare for tutorials
- Note-taking and academic discussion
Note: Only students with a direct entry offer to the ANU may apply for this course. Students with an offer into Medicine with a condition they provide evidence of English language ability are advised to enrol in the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) course and sit for IELTS.
Prospective students must:
- Have an IELTS Band Score of 6.0 (with minimum 5.5 in all bands) or equivalent.
- Meet the academic entry requirements for the ANU and have an offer for an ANU degre.
- Students with an offer of place for a graduate course at the ANU College of Law are required to have an IELTS Band Score of 6.5 (with a minimum of 6.0 in Writing and 5.5 in all other bands) or equivalent for entry into the Access English program.
Start Dates & Fees 2014
||Thursday 20 March
|Thursday 2 October